Is a unique program for groups of children ages 3-8 years of age led by experienced speech and language pathologists and music professionals who weave together music and communication. Research on music’s brain has been shown to provide the foundation for therapeutic application and enhancement of cognitive, communication, social-emotional and motor function. The children will have FUN while developing their musical skills, improving their social communication skills. and moving their bodies for gross motor development.
Our Signature Program is Back
Led By: Gabrielle Gilpin, Angelie Baez, & Meryl Williams Eight (8) week session Begins: Saturday, January 27, 2018 — March 24, 2018 Time (40 mins): 9:45am — 10:25am Location: Jewels Institute 3 The Blvd, New Rochelle, NY 10801 Cost: $400.00
*For additional registration information contact Cheryl (914)-830-7333
This program will :
- Improve attention span.
- Improve communication and literacy skills.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Facilitate improvement in social interactional skills- eye contact, joint attention and turn-taking.
- Expand pretend and imaginary play skills.
- Increase gross and fine motor skills.
- Develop basic musical skills such as singing alone and with others, keeping the beat with various instruments and naming instruments.
(If you are college student with a major in Speech Pathology and would like to volunteer with our Speak to the Beat speech/music therapy program on Saturdays, please contact us at (914) 632-9109 ext. 5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)